Thursday, June 25, 2009

Two Roads Divided

It is difficult to know how to support the Iranian protesters.

I wouldn't know where to send them money, nor is money what they need.  I am not of soldier age (nor was I trained as one), so I can't abandon my family and head there as some sort of mercenary, nor is that wanted.  I don't have access to a stockpile of weapons, nor any means of shipping them to Iran if I did.

What the Iranian protesters need is for all free people to stand united with them--to promise to boycott all Iranian goods, to blockade their shipments, for all governments to censure the illegitimate government, and to speak in one voice that all people have a right to free and honest elections.

The very least I could do was write this post and to put a silly little blurb on this blog to offer my support.  I'm just one voice, just one person, and as Robert Frost once said, "...that has made all the difference."

We all have a voice and a choice.  Will we stand united with the Iranian people?